Bookish discussion:Unpopular opinion about movie adaptations.

 

 Bookish Discussion

episode #2

 Hello book besties!

Welcome to the second episode of Bookish Discussions! Today, we're diving into a topic that's been the subject of much debate among book lovers: movie adaptations. It's no secret that movie adaptations of popular books have been all the rage lately, with beloved stories like "A Good Girl's Guide to Murder" trilogy and "It Ends With Us" making their way to the big screen or streaming platforms. However, I have a rather unpopular opinion about these adaptations.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


While many people enjoy seeing their favorite books come to life on screen, I personally am not a big fan of movie adaptations. You might be wondering why, so let me explain. One of the main reasons is that I don't like seeing characters that are not how I imagined them while reading the book. When I dive into a story and start picturing the characters in my mind, it's a personal and intimate experience. I form my own unique images of them, and seeing them portrayed differently on screen can sometimes feel like it's disrupting that personal connection.

For me, the beauty of reading lies in the ability to create my own visual interpretations of the characters and settings. It's like painting a picture in my mind with the author's words as the palette. When a movie adaptation comes along, it can sometimes shatter that carefully crafted image I've built in my head. The characters may not look or act as I imagined, and it can be disappointing.

That's not to say that all movie adaptations are bad or that they don't have their own merits. I can appreciate the effort and creativity that goes into bringing a book to life on screen but, I find myself preferring to stick to the original source material and avoid the movie altogether.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 

Conclusion:

I understand that this might be a very unpopular opinion, especially in a time when movie adaptations are so prevalent and widely embraced. So, I'm curious to hear what you think. Do you agree with me, or do you have a different perspective on movie adaptations?

Happy Reading!

mariam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The book that got me into reading (ultimate comfort trilogy)

Amazing YA fantasy trilogy (get transformed into a new world)