As Long as the lemon trees grow book review.beautiful and heartbreaking novel

 As Long 

as the lemon trees 

grow book review.


Hello book besties!!

This is a review for one of my favorite books ever.I've finished reading it last year and the second I finished it I wished that I could forget it just to read it again for the first time.I want to share with you my thoughts on this masterpiece of a book.

so let's get started!

♡♡♡♡

Author: Zoulfah Katouh

Genre: Historical fiction

Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Audience: YA 

♡♡♡♡


 

  I want appreciate this dedication because I really like it and I feel like I relate to it from the Hayao Miyazaki part.I also find it very unique and inspiring❤

                      ♡♡♡♡                              

Synopsis of book:

 Salama Kassab was a pharmacy student when the cries for freedom broke out in Syria. She still had her parents and her big brother; she still had her home. She had a normal teenager’s life.

Now Salama volunteers at a hospital in Homs, helping the wounded who flood through the doors daily. Secretly, though, she is desperate to find a way out of her beloved country before her sister-in-law, Layla, gives birth. So desperate, that she has manifested a physical embodiment of her fear in the form of her imagined companion, Khawf, who haunts her every move in an effort to keep her safe.

But even with Khawf pressing her to leave, Salama is torn between her loyalty to her country and her conviction to survive. Salama must contend with bullets and bombs, military assaults, and her shifting sense of morality before she might finally breathe free. And when she crosses paths with the boy she was supposed to meet one fateful day, she starts to doubt her resolve in leaving home at all.

Soon, Salama must learn to see the events around her for what they truly are—not a war, but a revolution—and decide how she, too, will cry for Syria’s freedom.

-Goodreads

♡♡♡♡

My thoughts & opinion:

I really loved reading this book.It made me feel a mix of emotions from sadness and heartbreak to love and happiness.It made me cry in some parts as well.

I love that the romance in the story is halal.I've never seen it in any book that i read before.I also like the fact that she includes the muslim life style and way of thinking.

The book has a lot of situations which are inspired by true events and stories and it really effected me while reading.It also reminded me of whats happening in 🍉 and I keep wondering if a story like this one exists there.

Overall, I am absolutely in love with this book and it will always be one of my favs❤

   

♡♡♡♡

Conclusion:

Finally,this was a review for one of my fav books ,As Long as the lemon trees grow.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Happy reading! 

mariam

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The book that got me into reading (ultimate comfort trilogy)

Bookish discussion:Unpopular opinion about movie adaptations.

Amazing YA fantasy trilogy (get transformed into a new world)